Ready for another festive project to make for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations? How about this fun and easy centerpiece! If you’ve been with me for awhile now, you may remember me showing you how to make a Valentine centerpiece that is very similar to this. So I decided to take a “twist” on the Valentine version and here is what I came up with!
Here’s how to put this EASY centerpiece together!
1. Fill a glass sundae dish up with green M&M candies. (I purchased the sundae dish at our local Dollar store!) I think this would also be cute being filled up with rainbow-colored Skittles candy as well!
2. Set the sundae dish aside and now it’s time to pop some popcorn!
3. Transer popcorn to a large bowl and set aside. In a separate pan, stir together 1 cup light karo syrup, 1 cup sugar, and 1 small box of blue jello. (I used this color because I wanted my top to resemble fluffy clouds in the sky!)
4. Stir until boiling.
5. Pour over the popcorn in a large bowl.
6. Stir until the popcorn is well-coated. You’re now finished with the most difficult part! The rest is easy peasy!
7. While popcorn is still warm, gently shape with your hands into a ball. Using wax paper on this step will help keep avoid the mess on your hands! Place on top of sundae.
8. Top with gold-wrapped candy.
9. Now I’m ready to introduce you to my “secret weapon” of the entire project…XTREME sour strips! When I was trying to think of what would make a good “rainbow” on top of this centerpiece, my mind immediately went to this candy that is put out by the makers of Airheads. Perfecto!
10. To secure the rainbow strips on top of the popcorn, simply press some more warm popcorn around the ends to hold in tight.
And now you’re done! Who will be the lucky one to receive this yummy piece?
Enjoy your weekend!
Kris is the owner of JesseKate Designs, formerly known as Starbright Designs. You can find her embroidery designs at www.SWAKembroidery.com and her e-pattern designs at www.YouCanMakeThis.com.